This year the Kneehill Historical Museum will be relocating the Three Hills Village School onto Museum grounds. The Three Hills Village School was the first Village school and was built in 1914 and ran until 1920. It soon became overcrowded by Grades 1-10 with up to 120 students at a time. Among its many uses, this building has served as Town Hall, Police Station, Court House with a jail beneath, Fire Hall, Library, and most recently, a kindergarten and daycare Centre. This addition to our museum is a big project that will serve Kneehill County residents and visitors in that it will house a year-round Visitor Information Centre with a family rest room, a classroom for students' day-trips to the museum, and a workshop where community volunteers can conserve local artifacts and work on displays. Today we broke ground, getting this significant project underway. To the east side of the main museum building is now a giant hole that will house the basement for the first Village School. Check back for periodic updates on this exciting project!